Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hump Day Hair Chat: 411 on Keratin Treatments

I LOVE the summer but I hate the frizzy hair that accompanies it. I can't stand styling my hair and getting it just right and then walking out the door to have it pouf out all over the place. This is one of the reasons why I think Mother Nature is really a Father because no woman would force humidity on us knowing the horrible ramifications on our hair!

So, with that said are you looking to beat the summer frizz? Cut your blow-dry time in half? Even better, have it air dry straight and stay that way? Then let me tell you about my miracle product, Keratin Complex by Coppola. Now, I am well aware of all that is in the news about the keratin treatments having harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde, but I'm going to tell it to you straight. There are several brands, Brazilian Blowout in particular that were claiming to be "formaldehyde free" but were actually 10% formaldehyde which is quite a bit. The product was causing soreness in the throat and burning in the eyes... YIKES, and I am speaking from personal experience! Until the Occupational Safety and Health Administration stepped in and pulled the majority of these products until they were reformulated and relabeled. Keratin Complex by Coppola has never been pulled it has a low level of  only 2% formaldehyde. (ref

This is a safe product to use and is highly effective in reducing curl pattern and minimizing frizz. I am a huge fan of it and am not saying you have to run out and get a treatment but I thought it might help you be more open to the service if I explained it to you a little further.

Pricing on this service can vary by salon, you most likely will not find it cheaper than $150 but it can be as high as $400. 
Below are some before and after pictures:


The transformation really is amazing and one of the greatest things about it is that it lasts a minimum of 12 weeks. You can hop out of the shower and finger dry your hair and within 10 mins its straight and smooth no muss no fuss. 

Special considerations- You have to shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo (which you should be doing anyway!) Also your appointment time will vary from 2-4 hrs depending on the amount of hair, but please give yourself enough time when or if scheduling it. You will not be able to shampoo or wet your hair for 72hrs so keep that in mind as well when scheduling. Last, but not least, understand that this treatment can be addicting, it cuts your prep time in half and gives you low maintenance but perfect hair!

Nervous about the commitment of having your hair like that for 12 weeks? Try an Express Blowout - much more reasonable in price and lasts for only 6 weeks and is only a one hour service.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have on this. Also, check out the Keratin Complex  Q & A section on there website it is very informative!

Thanks for reading and Stay Beautiful,
Scissor Hands Jill

Check me out on the Friday 5 over at LifeAccordingtoSteph.com where is talk about the 5 beauty products I can not live without!

5 comments:

  1. I have very thick curly hair and keratin treatments do wonders for me. It doesn't make my hair completely straight (which I like) but it lets me have very loose waves which is amazing to have in the summer. I make sure I use good shampoos, which I feel extends the length of the treatment. Actually going to go get it done on Friday :D Great post xx

    P.S Megan sent me here ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for reading! Keratin can be a real life saver with thick curls!!

      Delete
  2. ciaobella sent me here, loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Hope to hear from you again in the future! :)

      Delete
  3. omg...I was just on youtube and joined ciaobella's page, and was watching how to keep hair frizzzzz free and your student megan said to check you out and that you helped her with it and also had your own vlog... So here I am I am going to follow you and am very happy to stumble across both of you.... Take Care xoxox

    ReplyDelete