Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Steals

On this weeks Sunday Steals I want to tell you about something that I love and cherish. I had a slight addiction to it at one time and had to literally rehab myself off of it.  I was using it sometimes twice a week.

How many of you have ever gotten a gel polish manicure? Did you love that glossy finish? When you got it done you probably paid $25 and that's on the lower end. What if I told you that you could do that right at home in your living room? (I love pretending like I am hosting an infomercial) Well, if your nail polished obsessed like me you probably are thinking tell me more!! My students told me about this awesome gel manicure kit($79.99) from Red Carpet Nails available at Ulta.
At first I was a little hesitant because of the price but once I saw all that it included I couldn't resist the desire to buy it! It has everything you need to get started. A super quick lamp, purify (your pre nail dehydrator),your adhesive, base coat, top coat, cuticle oil, gel polish remover and of course Red Carpet Red polish. Plus, if you think about how much it costs to get a gel manicure every two weeks this pays for itself after 4 uses!
It was so easy to use and it came with very clear instructions, if you can paint your nails you can do this! One of the best things about it is you do not have to sit around waiting for your nails to dry its a quick minute under the lamp and then your all set!  
Be sure to remove it correctly by soaking the polish off, peeling it or picking it will damage the nail. *I am speaking from experience.

Ulta is also having a sale starting today until June 8th on the Red Carpet Gel Polish($9.99) is all buy one get one 50% off!
Next up, I have to bring your attention to a great special running at one of my favorite spots that BH Cosmetics. They have 3, 88 color eye shadow palettes on sale for only $25.00! That's a total of 264 colors regularly priced for all 3 at $60.85. It includes 
  • 88 matte colors- great for everyday use
  • 88 cool shimmer colors- awesome for adding a little pop and making your eyes really sparkle
  • 88 tropical colors- great for summer and being more dramatic


I can't tell you enough how much I love their products, great quality, great pigmentation and great prices. I ordered a set for myself and can't wait to use it!
THIS great deal ends tomorrow however at Midnight so shop quick!!

Lots coming up this week on the Blog. So check back in with me! 

Thanks for Reading and Stay Beauitful,
Scissorhands Jill

7 comments:

  1. I still can't do the gel, I feel like my nails are very brittle and hard after it comes off. Maybe because of how I removed it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most likely yes, that was what was happening to me. I wasn't soaking them off and picked them and ended up damaging my nails so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased the makeup!! Very excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the eye shadow set you used for my wedding? I loved it!!! Might have to order! - Becki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that gel polish set looks awesome! I might have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete