Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sunday Steals



Holy COW! I have been so busy lately between teaching an evening makeup certification class at my work, as well as my day teaching, plus the salon and of course shopping at ULTA I haven't had a second to stop! Let me just fill you in on a few of the goodies I recently picked up!

  • Everyone has been going crazy over my newest obsession... NYX Roll on Shimmer ($3.99). These come in a variety of colors and are so easy to put on. When in a rush you can't beat this, just a quick roll over each lid and you are all set, no brush or applicator needed. The glittery reflections will be with all day and I promise you at least 3 people will stop you and ask you what your wearing! One of the reasons I love ULTA so much is that most of the time you can get NYX buy one get one 50% off!


here is a few of the ones I have picked up

seriously don't we all leave Ulta with our hands looking like this?



  •  LAURA GELLAR Ready Set Glow Collection ($39). I have to say I am a huge fan of value kits and I try really hard to pick the ones that will be worth it for you to spend an extra few bucks on.  I truly cant get enough of the Baked Body Frosting that comes in this kit. It is an ultimate bronzer that has been done in an oversized container so you are getting a real bang for your buck! What I love most about it is that it can be used every where, I have been putting it on my face neck chest and shoulders to give that just off the beach glow! They also chose to include just the right sun kissed Baked Blush- Bora Bora. It really is a good pairing and can be all your wear on your face.  The kit also includes a large body puff and a double sided brush.



  • I grabbed an amazing eye kit while I was there as well, this would be great for someone who is looking for an instructional kit on how to get the perfect eye. LORAC'S Close Up Pro Eye Tutorial ($39). This kid includes, an eye shadow trio, black cream eyeliner, behind the scenes eye primer, pro mascara in black (which I have grown quite fond of), a double sided brush and of course your tutorial booklet.  The amount of product you get in this kit is well worth the money because a good mascara can cost you at least $20.
  • I could not complete a blog without talking about my favorite cosmetic brand as of late- Benefit! I picked up a kit they had in store called The Benefit Besties Set ($12). Unfortunately, this kit does not  seem to be available online. But it is totally worth the trip. It includes a mini "That Gal" brightening face primer (great for the undereye!) and a mini Some Kind a Gorgeous which is a 'foundation faker". It gives the face the apperance of full coverage without the heavy coating of product, it has a smooth translucent finish. The fact that you can sample these two products that when purchased seperately in full size portions total $59.00 for the small price of $12, makes this an easy buy that you will not regret.
 As a follow up to a previous blog I have to tell you how much I am loving the Not Your Mothers Way to grow shampoo and conditioner ($5.99 I told you guys about. It has added strength and length to my hair as it promised. I am strongly endorseing this product and have purchased it again for a second time! Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading and Stay Beautiful,
Scissor Hands Jill

Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @scissorhandsjf 



2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you liked that shampoo! When I'm out I'll definitely order that.

    ReplyDelete