Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday Shop Talk

Conversation in a hair salon is one of the best parts of being there, as a client or an employee. I always enjoy catching up, sharing stories, gossiping ,covering news stories or current events and really just chit chatting about every day life. 

Since I began teaching cosmetology, my Saturdays in the salon are limited to once a month, if that. I tend to work evenings. So with that said I'll give you topics... and you can talk "amongst" yourselves... or with me!
 

  1. Kim K- The pregnancy is not doing much for her. She has always been one of my beauty idols and while she is still beautiful, she needs to be directed to the nearest Motherhood Maternity store stat. The clothes she wore pre-pregnancy are just not cutting it and are really not flattering. Don't even get me started on Kanye, recent gossip mags are painting him as a pretty lousy baby daddy and the baby isn't even here yet. (I called that one).
  2. The Gatsby- I am hearing great things about it. I plan on seeing it tomorrow with my mom as a belated Mother's Day outing. I pretty much love everything that Leonardo DiCaprio is in so I have high expectations for it. My good pal Steph reviewed it at Life According To Steph.        
  3. Millers Ale House- I know this one may seem to be a bit random but with these restaurants popping up everywhere lately I have to say, I was not thrilled with it at all. We went there when the one by us first opened and it was mediocre at best. We chalked it up to being new and still ironing out the kinks. So we gave it another go and we ended up with a pizza that was not cooked all the way through. You can get beer anywhere but good food is another story so we have removed them from our list of go to spots. (But even bad publicity is publicity so definitely try it yourself, because whats bad to me may be great to you!)
  4. Men- Women in salons across the country will talk about what their men do or don't do for them. It is a complete guarantee that within the appointment it will come up. Shout out to my man Frankenstein (or Frank as he prefers) who is in my good graces today for picking me up a donut this morning before I woke up!
  5. Gardening- When I first moved into our home I had no clue how to maintain a garden. But with the help of those who do, I have Roses (all hot pink!), Bleeding Hearts, Azaleas, Rhododendrons, Lilies, African Violets and a huge vegetable garden. Any suggestions on how to keep the animals away? I have been sprinkling hair clippings on the soil to keep them from eating our veggie plants but that's not working that well. 
  6. Whats on your TV?- There are only 3 shows on my weekly schedule that I am keeping up with (an all time low). Mad Men is coming in at #1 for me. Don Draper, you are just so cool and when ever I see you light up and swirl a scotch on the rocks I can't help but want to do the same. Roger Sterling,you are my old man crush.  Joan Harris, when they some day make a movie about my life, (I can dream can't I?) I have you casted to play me. #2 is Real Housewives of Orange County. Vicki Gunvalson, you looked better before surgery. Also, kick out your whiny son in law, if you want to date Brooks then go for it. Tamara, Eddie, Slade and Gretchen... you guys just are strange. #3 would be Deadliest Catch.This show allows me to escape from the realities of my life on a weekly basis. My obsession with King Crab is pretty ridiculous. I like to watch pretending that I am apart of the whole adventure, i'd want to be on either the Northwestern (Sig has a strange sex appeal about him) or the Time Bandit because I think they have the most fun! 
  7. What's for dinner?- Anyone cooking up something amazing tonight or are you headed out somewhere? I am thinking of doing crock-pot enchiladas tonight- view the recipe here at my sister Lauren's blog Confessions of a Domestic Wanna-be. 
I hope you all enjoy your Saturday, whatever your doing. I am planning on doing nothing for the rest of the afternoon and am really looking forward to it!

Thanks for reading and Stay Beautiful,
Scissor Hands Jill

Tomorrow on Sunday Steals: I will introduce you to my newest obsession, BH Cosmetics and Anastasia s Brow Kit.

3 comments:

  1. I should put the crockpot enchiladas on my list for next week.

    I LOVE DON and ROGER. AND Joan.

    Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try them! They're so good. Last nights episode was kinda weird... did you watch?

      Delete
  2. Carefully researched training methods will build our students’ self-confidence and self-esteem by helping them reach new heights within the profession of cosmetology.

    ReplyDelete