Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Steals.

So much to talk about today! Last night I went to ULTA to pick up a few goodies that were in the circular and I made the mistake of bringing my main squeeze Frankenstein. He was very embarrassing and what made it worse was other shoppers were laughing so that only fueled the fire.     I am currently plotting revenge for the next time he drags me his ULTA: Home Depot.

From my haul last night were several amazing steals! To start off with lets talk brows! It seems to me that women spend more time tending to the hair they do not want on their face then the hair that belongs there. Brow grooming doesn't just stop at waxing, they require daily maintenance. I have been recently using the Anastasia Brow Kit ($36). Anastasia knows brows, she is the brow stylist to so many of Hollywood's leading ladies.

This kit includes several must haves:

  • Brow powder duo-a light color to highlight and a darker color to shade in the brow. The duos come in 3 shades so you can match them to your natural brow color.
  • Mini duo brush- this is two sided a brush on one end and a comb on the other this is ideal for applying powder.
  • Clear Brow Gel- this is amazing, it applies like mascara and it keeps your brows in place and combs them in the right directions.
I also suggest picking up Brow Fix ($21). This is awesome it is a wax pencil for your eyebrows this is perfect for training your brows to grow in a certain direction or to control unruly brow growth. This is a bit pricey but worth the money because it will last you a long time since you use a small amount daily.

Next up, NYX Cosmetics are all buy one get one 50% off. I am a huge fan of NYX. They are inexpensive but great quality. I picked up a few staples in my makeup trunk and a few new items that will be so fun to wear! 
  •  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil ($4.49)-  If I was Oprah, these pencils would be on my favorite things episode," you get a pencil, you get a pencil, you get a pencil"(you get the idea).  My go to color is #604- Milk. It is a creamy white and goes on so smooth. The tips do not feel like pencil it is more like a cream based eye shadow in pencil form. The Milk is perfect for a highlighter or substitute it in as a primer for shadows. I added 605-Strawberry Milk, a soft shimmery pink, #621A- Pure Gold, a warm orangey gold and #630-Cashmere, a softer paler gold.
  • NYX Liquid Crystal Liner($4.49)- I don't think a woman can ever have to much sparkle! These liners are just perfect a thin brush applicator makes sure that you do not over do it when applying. I grabbed it in Crystal Aqua, Crystal Pink and Crystal Gun Metal. They have a dramatic sparkle and really make your eyes light up! 
  • NYX Retractable Eye Liner($4.49)- I have this liner in black and white but last night I grabbed it in Pink. I won't wear pink every day but I thought it might be fun for the under eye if I am wearing pink shadow. 
I then moved from makeup to hair and picked up Not Your Mother's Way to Grow Shampoo and Conditioner ($5.99). These are on sale now for $4.99 and are advertised in the circular.I have not tried this brand before but haven't heard anything bad about them. This shampoo and conditioner are sulfate free so they are not damaging on the hair and they claim to help stimulate hair growth. I'll let you know about that. Plus they smell amazing! I figured for $5 they are worth a shot.


I hope all of you know that there is a 20% off coupon running until June 1st. This coupon is good towards one item and I chose to use it on Conair More Big Curls Volumizer Hairsetter ($25). I am curious how many of you use hot rollers?  I love them and I especially love that this set is only the large diameter rollers. These help to give you that voluminous soft wave look that is so hard to achieve on your own when blow drying  By using my coupon I saved $5.20 making these guys a total Steal! Now if you were to order these online, this Thursday they will be on special for $17.99. I just am impatient and didn't want to have to wait!

That concludes my ULTA break down for this week. But it doesn't conclude todays blog. I want to share with all of you a website that I just can't get enough of. 

BH COSMETICS- This site has all those great palettes you always see the pros using, the prices are so low that you can not believe how much you are getting for the amount you are spending!

This week I received the 12pc Berry brush set ($18.00). If you are looking for pro brushes these are amazing. Soft and durable plus they have a pink handle!
 BH Party Girl Palette ($12.00) this palette includes 40 vibrant eye shadows  Perfectly pigmented and a variety of day and night tones. A perfect combination of shimmery and matte shadows that will suit your every need!
 I also grabbed the Contour and Blush Palette ($18.00). This is great for highlighting and defining your bone structure. Using lighter tones in areas you want to make pop out and darker tones to minimize, like under the chin or along the jawline. 
 Lastly, I grabbed 7 of there Loose Glitters. These are so fun to wear. I like to wear them as eye shadow. They have to have something to stick to though, so I use a home made adhesive- sugar and water. Dab your brush into the sugar water and then dab your brush in your glitter. You can apply as eye liner or shadow! The best part about these goodies is they are on sale for only $3.50 each and they're huge!

Well that completes this weeks Sunday Steals. I wish you all happy shopping and remember you can never have to much makeup! Please let me know if you try anything or have tried anything! 
Thanks for reading and Stay Beautiful,
Scissor Hands Jill

Check in this Wednesday for Hump Day Hair Chat: Summer Highlights: to do or not to do?

2 comments:

  1. I want to try those Nyx eye pencils. They seem right up my alley.
    LOLOL @ you get a pencil you get a pencil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awesome!you wont regret it and there is a ton of colors to choose from! Thanks for reading friend!

      Delete